Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Removing Rev-Limiter on ECU??

  1. #11
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, I don't have either the Shogun or the Fields controller on my car. I met a guy at the street races one time that was using the Fields in his '96 Civic EX to eliminate the limiter. For $200+ dollars I could just get my ECU reprogrammed.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph
    THE MOST USEFUL LINK HERE...USE IT!!! http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/sea...tro&default=40

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Racer4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2000
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Any one heard of this place and thier ECU work?? Prospeed Racing: http://www.geocities.com/prospeedrac...uupgrades.html

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 97JRSCGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2001
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your best bet is to have your ecu programmed, I had mine done @UPRD they can burn a chip for what ever mods you have and do the rev limiter & speed as well. Although if your whip is SC I wouldn't have them do it for your mods, just to adjust your Rev limit & remove your speed limiter. What kind of car? What's your REV limit know?

    ------------------
    97 Integra GS
    JRSC@8psi
    Aem cai,Dc 4-1 header, Dc 2.25 catback exhaust,bbk 62mm TB, B&m FPRegulator& Shifter,ecu.
    8psi pulley kit, wlbro 255lph fuel pump.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Racer4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2000
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    97JRSCGS, I have a 89 crx with a little sohc vtec. My rev limiter now is 7500. I'm running a 88-89 Teg ECU. I want to rid of my rev limiter because I'm running a 6al. I will probly redo me orriginal SI ECU. Where you had yours done how much did it cost?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 97JRSCGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2001
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    racer4n- I had my ECU done @ UPRD in CA it cost alittle over $300. If your REV is @7500 now. I wouldn't go to much higher. Not sure how much the SOHC can handle. You might want to check into it.

    ------------------
    97 Integra GS
    JRSC@8psi
    Aem cai,Dc 4-1 header, Dc 2.25 catback exhaust,bbk 62mm TB, B&M FP-Regulator& Shifter, ECU,8psi pulley kit, wlbro 255lph fuel pump.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Why would you ever want to remove the rev-limiter? Isn't that "destructive behavior"? biggrin

    Seriously, what if you missed a gear? BOOM?! I know a guy here in St. Louis that had his '94 GSR computer modified by some Peter Yen guy in Texas and the rev limiter is removed. This motor is completely stock with a 50 dry shot and he constantly shifts at 10k! He runs low 14's NA and a 13.2 w/ NOS.

    Isn't there a risk? Anyone heard of this Peter Yen guy?

    Tom

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B B18C1 powered and lovin' it!...J&S Safeguard, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler.
    The JRSC'ed D16Z6 is gone and now lookin' at turbo kits...

    '99 Goped (X-ped) Fully modified, 14.0:1 CR, 17k rpm, 32 mph!

    [email protected]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 97JRSCGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2001
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    No I never heard of Him. I didn't have my Rev-limiter removed, I had It bumped up. Removing it completely is insane, i agree.

    ------------------
    97 Integra GS
    JRSC@8psi
    Aem cai,Dc 4-1 header, Dc 2.25 catback exhaust,bbk 62mm TB, B&M FP-Regulator& Shifter, ECU,8psi pulley kit, wlbro 255lph fuel pump.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member [MacGyver]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2001
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My rev limiter is set at 9100 RPMS now. Later on im going to get a soft touch rev limiter from MSD so that i can lower the redline to somewhere that i can be sure that running it to wont grenade the motor smile

  9. #19
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    You speak of this "soft rev-limiter". Is that what VW has? When you reach the set RPM point, it just holds instead of bouncing? I like that, but how does it work?

    Tom

  10. #20
    Inactive Member dbman96's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just want an extra 500 rpms or so... so I can hit 0-60 without shifting into 3rd (GSR engine on a Type-R tranny)


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •